The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, October 26, 2009

A real cotton field

I know, I have tons of stuff to blog, fall break and my trip to SF. That will come, but this is ready so we'll go out of order. So, seeing an actual cotton field was not something I'd ever seen until I moved to Arizona. I know, they are likely everywhere, but it wasn't something I'd seen before. Since I knew my kids hadn't seen where their clothes grow, I thought I'd stop off the side of the road and show them one. I let them feel the cotton on the bloom, feel the bloom before it pops open, and imagine what it was like for those who years ago had to pick them by hand. Imagining how painful of a job it must have been.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

CUTE!!

dlkenney said...

That made a beautiful background for your cute kids pictures.

heather said...

Very Cute!

Laurel said...

My favorite is your new header photo. It totally describes your kids and their relationships. matthew is so sweet with Ellie. love it!