The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Soccer Season has begun!

It's that time of year, that is crazy but I love. This year is much less crazy than it has been in years past which I have mixed feelings about. I miss a lot of it. However I can appreciate how much less we need to do. Only 4 practices a week and two of those are on the same day/same time. I like that! Only two games a Saturday, and both are in the morning. I do like that. A fraction of the cost...I love that! But I miss the friends and friendships made when you spend so much time with other soccer parents! I miss the growth we have watched in our boys but specifically Matthew over the last few years. It's almost painful to watch his games as he tries to do passes and such with his team which are smart thinking things but the other players can't keep up with the same skill level. Harrison, well Harrison hasn't been hit as hard this year. He loves being back with his coach and friend that he loved from early last year. He loves him and the coaches son being stars on the team. As for the rest of us. We find ways to entertain two girls while they sit on the sidelines and not watch the game, all the while we are trying to watch the game. They are fun and life can be a bit crazy but if you ask me, this is the good crazy that is what family and supporting each other are all about!

A couple of bored girls!

I totally think it's funny how much these two shots mirror each other!
gotta love all the tongue that hangs out when he plays!

1 comment:

Brooke Romney said...

I'm glad they are doing so well...and that you are a little less busy!