The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Happy Belated Birthday John!
I know it's late getting on here. Most of that is if it doesn't happen the day before his birthday between his birthday and our anniversary it doesn't happen at all. Then you add that he would rather his birthday go without any notice or fanfair. But there are a couple things I want to post about becuase I loved them. First the cake, this was an ordeal to say the least. He just wanted a "plain" cake. But really...plain??? How can I as a cake decorator do a plain cake. It just looks so wrong, just needs something else to it. So we compromised. We used left over frosting from the flip flop cake I made for enrichment with just funfetti cake inside with pudding in between layers. That's simple right? But what to write on a simple cake. Now, we will also mention this is for my friend's husband also. So finally I let Ellie look through my cake toppers she found a "ball" and "dogs" which are two things she loves so that is what went on the cake. What to write without being mean or saying something snarky about him being old since he's a high priest? Hence, the you make us feel young comment. He liked it though he did ask why he didn't get a simple cake like he asked for. One day, I'll do it. I'll leave the cake in the pan and spell his name in skittles! But not this day!
For his presents we went super simple and cheap, I think that is what made him happiest. He got some much needed shorts and a pair of jeans he could really use. That was it. Then Harrison carved a bear out of soap for scouts so that was added to the gift pile. Rachel spent hours making him this card! Gotta love kids who love their dad!!!
So in the end. Happy belated birthday to a wonderful father and husband. Hope we made your birthday closer to what you wanted, a simple unnoticed affair with no money spent. We didn't fully succeed, I don't know that he married the right person to have that kind of birthday, but it's probably his closest in years!
1 comment:
Perfect cake!!! Glad he has you guys to keep things low key and fun!
Post a Comment