The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hiking around the Mogollon Rim


One of the things we did a little of each day while we camped was hike.

Some of the hikes were more enjoyable than others.

One thing I can say about myself and hiking is I'm not good at it.

The pictures of me are not pretty with my flushed red face after not much hiking.

I did enjoy the hikes that didn't require a huge uphill hike much better.

And I can't imagine how I would have survived without a wonderful husband who carried Ellie through every hike!

One of the things I thought was cute was how obsessed Ellie is with dogs, and would get down on her knees to get down on them to get at the same level as dogs.

The kids enjoyed the hikes, way more than me!

One of the coolest, prettiest hikes was on the day we took off in a light rain.

All husbands convinced Laurel and I not to take cameras with us in case the rain got worse.

So we hiked through this great area of burnt out trees and had no camera to take the pictures with it. So you just have to take my word for it that it was the best!

Thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone and hiking more and working myself harder than I normally do on vacation!

No comments: