The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hair cuts Galore!

So, I will start this story with how this story actually started. I went to an Enrichment class from church on hints to do better "mom" cuts. Okay, so that's not what they called it but we all know it's what they are. So, I've been doing my boys cuts for a while. I'm not bad, but not very good. But I have never had the courage to do Rachel's even though I had taken a class on it. So I decided to go so I could be brave and do Rachel's.

Through that the comment was made about donating your hair. I was talking to Rachel the next day about how after this trim...which was desperately in need we could let it grow a little more and then donate it for someone who doesn't have hair. Well, as she talked about it more and more she decided she really wanted to donate her hair.

We gave it several days to let it sink in and decide. We then called our great friend Nichole and asked when she was available. We went for the later of two options again to give Rachel more time to really let it settle in. So, every day she would ask me, "Is it Friday yet?"

So finally Friday has arrived and went out and cut her hair!!! We measured 10" in a ponytail and cut away.

It was quite a shock for me to see her with such short hair.

It is cute don't get me wrong, it just looks so different!

Since we were there with the camera we went ahead and did Ellie's first hair cut.

So I thought it was a great plan to do it there since I could take a picture while her hair was cut. Now, let's say that she did not go for that plan. She would arch her back and slide off the chair. So i tried having Rachel hold her. That made it as far as the "pre picture".

Then finally I had to give up and hold her so we could cut it.

So Rachel took the pictures of the haircut. She didn't do too bad. I think she did much better than Ellie in the whole situation.

Ellie officially has bangs, which Rachel feels for her, as Rachel remembers there is nothing worse than growing out your banks.

Okay, one of the funny things with all this was when I would first talk about cutting her hair even a trim she would get all upset. I kept saying we needed to. She kept fighting me.

Finally I found out the reason why she didn't want her hair cut was that meant she would have bangs and she didn't want to ever have to grow out her bangs again. Funny girl!

Okay I had to include all three of these last three pictures because it was so funny. Rachel wanted a picture of the two of them with their new hairdo's. Ellie would not look over at the camera so Rachel started with her cheese smile without breaking the entire time I tried to get Ellie to smile.

She finally did a full on cheese smile here! (Do they look alike or what???)

We finally ended with a cute real smile for Ellie without Rachel ever loosing her "cheese smile". But in the end we have a lock of hair of Ellie's to keep, and a long pony tail of Rachel's to donate. Thanks Nichole for being so patient with my girls!

4 comments:

Kirk and Aly said...

So so so so cute! I'm proud of you for trying out your new haircutting skills - but I know that those skills only go so far. Rachel looks so cute with her new cut!

Jessica said...

Very cute on both of them. I always hate when the girls want to cut their long hair, but it looks cute short too. Rachel's do reminds me of Lindsay's last cut. Very cute

The Ayers Family said...

I love it! I'm curious as to what she thinks about her short hair a week later?!?!
I don't think those two girls could look MORE alike!

Jody said...

LOVE HER HAIR!!! She looks adorable!