One thing we have loved making a tradition of is watching the fireworks in Heber AZ. We have loved their show and have spent many years going as a family and here and there we have gotten other families to join us. One interesting thing though is every single year we run into someone we know while up there. This year we ran into my friends the Hubers and Heywoods. How fun! We spent hours hanging out after setting up with a great area. We made sure we had plenty of room for the kids to play. We even gave Bennett a black eye while the kids played. Sorry bud! John loved to play with Ellie! That is one of my favorite things to watch. We also took a moment to everyone chagrin except Laurel and I and got a group picture and a family picture for each family, not with the most cooperative kids however. I do have to say that I loved having someone else there who takes as many pictures as me, as there are more pictures of me from this camping trip than we've ever had. Like I said, mostly that's a good thing. :)
The last thing I'm going to say about the fireworks show was a comment was made at my brother's graduation that people rarely watch things anymore "full screen" they see everything through a view finder of a camera. So I decided that I would choose one thing on the trip that I really love and not watch it through my camera but just see it live and enjoy it and have the memory of the full experience to hold onto. This was a great plan, as I watched the fireworks. I really enjoyed them. Ellie fell asleep in them and then woke up right during the finale and freaked out. But my hands were free so I could turn her around and snuggle her. A side advantage for me also was Laurel was great enough to take pictures during the fireworks so I have pictures of them anyway! How blessed am I???
1 comment:
I LOVE the picture of john throwing ellie up in the air - great shot!
Post a Comment