The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Monday, February 2, 2009
Mom of the Year....2 Years running!!!
And yes, the mom of the year award again goes to....drum roll please...Me of course? Why do you ask? What wonderful thing could I have done to earn it again? Ironically something similar to last year. For any who might have forgotten my wonderful accomplishments last year, Harrison was swinging on a swing, he did this amazing jump/fall thing and I told him he was fine. I made him play in his soccer game it's only a little bruise, I finally took him to the doctor to find out he had a broken collar bone. Well, similar story, new kid. Matthew was just not running much in his game constantly complaining. It was driving me CRAZY!!! Sunday morning he got up to get ready for church, but even to put any weight on his ankle at all brought tears to his eyes so I decided it was time to break down and take him in for an x-ray. They checked it out and came to talk to me. By where the pain is they said he has shin splints in that foot. One of the things they think might have factored into getting it hurt was they can see on the x-ray and showed me how about 6-12 months ago he broke his ankle. Yep he broke it months ago, and what did his wonderful mom do? Tell him it was just a sprain and wrapped it and to play it off. Then we tried to tell him the pain was just growing pains, we then convinced him it was just a bruised heal. Nope we were wrong, he broke his ankle and has played and walked and messed around on it for almost a year. On a good note, they say it's healing better than they'd expect with it never having been casted. It is obviously much too late to cast it now. They had us keep him completely off it for the next 48 hours and then can work his way back into life and sports with a brace on his ankle for the next few months.
So, YEAH! GO ME!!!
4 comments:
If it makes you feel better my dad told me to "walk it off" once and I had a broken hip!
You poor girl! If it makes you feel any better I think you are a great mom and your kids are super lucky to have you!
I thought I was bad letting Jake's broken collar bone go for 6 days.. but you are the winner!!! =) hehehe... Don't feel bad-You are a super mom!!! It will make a nice scrapbook page =)
Oh no! But if you had rushed him to the doctor originally, it would've been nothing and a waste of time. It's Murphy's Law. Well, I'm sure he'll recover...or be scarred for life :) Just kidding!
Post a Comment