The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Grandma Nevels Came to Visit







It is always wonderful to have friends and family come to visit. We love the attention and love showered on us when it happens. But when they come in the winter it's also nice for them. Grandma Nevels was able to come and spend a week spoiling me and the kids, but while she was here it was beautiful 70 degree weather unlike the freezing weather she was avoiding home in Missouri! She loved to see flowering bushes in the middle of Winter!!! Harrison loved celebrating his birthday with her in town. Rachel loved having someone to focus solely on her and not have to go running everywhere with me. Ellie was spoiled as grandma gave her tons of treats along with attention. As for the rest they enjoyed just spending time with her visiting and such. But I was by far the most spoiled person of all. It's not often that the mom is the most spoiled so I LOVED that I got to be spoiled!!! My mother is law is wonderful. First, she knows me so well. She knows those things I HATE to do and knows how to do things without offending. She steps in and helps and does so much for me but always in a great way. I never am left feeling inadequate in my ability at things around the house. She is great at praise making me feel like an amazing cook, which though I love my kids I sure don't feel that way when I cook for them. I did find I don't mind cooking nearly as much as I thought as long as there is someone to play with the baby while I cook, then when I've got it in the oven I walked away. When I went back to serve it my kitchen would be clean. That right there made so much difference in my desire to cook, espcecially from scratch! Part of what I admire about her is how content she is. She would clean around my house but she also took time to sit and read and relax herself. I never felt like she was slaving over my filthy house, she just never made me feel that way. It truly was so wonderful. I didn't have to take the girls to soccer practice since she enjoyed just staying home and helping with homework and playing with the girls. It was so nice. It also came on a CRAZY week for me with so much last minute stuff to get done for the big soccer tournament and I think I would have gone crazy had that week happened without her around to help. She has amazing timing! She also is such a great and easy person to sit and talk to. I gave up sleep that last night to just enjoy visiting with her. She is such a wonderful strength in my life! So thanks Kelley, for everything!! I miss you so much already! I can't wait until you can come and play again with us! I hope you found it as refreshing as we did!

1 comment:

dlkenney said...

Dont you just love having young grandmas that can run and play with the kids and still function the rest of the day. Sounds like she is an amazing lady.