The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Temple lights and Christmas traditions
So every year we try to keep up with a few simple Christmas Traditions. Most are very simple and very inexpensive. One of my favorites is taking the kids down to the Mesa Temple and seeing the lights. It is one of those things that really brings the spirit of Christ in the season of Christmas. We all walked around, heard a little of a fun song and just enjoyed the night. Another fun tradition we have is our Christmas Eve tradition of a new pair of PJs. This is trickier for our family then a lot of my friends because we ALL get matching pj's. Even the adults. Now, in years where I'm not overwhelmed with other things I have been able to buy a bolt of flannel and just make everyone a pair of matching pj's. This year I was so busy with the wedding and all the prep work and the time gone for the trip, it wasn't reasonable at all to think I would sit down and sew. So out I went searching for matching pj's. Now a lot of people really like the sock monkey, I don't have an emotional attachment to it and so wasn't super excited to see it's big come back. But when I went looking for pj's I found sock monkey pj's in everyone's size so we are on board with the big comeback. It is a fun way to do matching because we do more of a coordinating than exactly matching but it works out well. So here is a couple pictures to share the moment. (Ignore my HUGE sore on my lip, stress causes cold sores. UGH)
1 comment:
So fun! I love the pajamas and I can't see your cold sore by-the-way! I can totally sympathize with you though- I get them at least three times a year and have one now in fact. They are the worst!
Post a Comment