The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, June 23, 2008

What we've been up to...

Well life here is never dull, yet sometimes it seems I'm not sure what to write as we are just plugging along in normal life. My calling keeps me and everyone around me busy. It's a good busy, lot's of service. Tons of moves lately to add to the meals. The kids are busy with swim team and swim lessons. It's all just busy life. We found we really enjoy swim team. The boys go to practice around 7:30 in the morning and are done by 9:00. Then on Saturday mornings we go at 7:00 and spend the morning watching the boys compete. They compete in two different strokes each satruday. This last Saturday they did butterfly and breaststroke. That was pretty interesting to watch. Both boys got a 5th in those. Okay, now I need to adjust that since I started this post weeks ago and never finished it. Since then they have swam all the strokes including relays. They have really enjoyed it. Trials are on Friday and Saturday, and I'm assuming we are done at that point since only the first couple in each heat go onto the finals a week later. But we've had fun and they are definately stronger swimmers even if they aren't graceful swimmers.

I've also been the site manager for a site in our neighborhood for Bountiful baskets. It is this great produce co-op. We spend every other saturday morning distributing the produce for those who have ordered and come home and then figure out what fun things we are going to make that week. Some weeks we do WAY better at using the food we get than other weeks. But I try really hard to use it all. This week I have struggled to use the two eggplants I got. I'm thinking I have a friend who could enjoy them much more than me struggling to find a way to use them right now. Either way, I really have enjoyed how much it gets us trying new things. Some of them we even like, others we don't hate, others are only good for garnishes in my families opinion. Okay, so what's on each list that who would have known? Okay my boys love artichokes, my how family loves asparagus. I don't hate beets like I always thought I did, I eat more onions now than I even thought I would. But collard greens are only good for garnishes!

Other fun things we've kept busy doing this summer are:
  • Boys have done basketball camp this week and loved it.
  • All 3 are doing soccer camp in another week
  • Plenty of time getting burned at the pool.
  • Scrapbook classes for Rachel at a local scrapbook store
  • Birthday parties for friends
  • Plenty of cleaning and "money jobs" around the house
  • Scrapbooking at my friend Elizabeth's house once a week when she's in town
I'm sure there are other things but that is all that my brain has allowed today. So before it goes anohter week or two without a post I'm going to post this now. I'd love to attach pictures, and maybe I will soon, but for some reason I've been getting errors everytime I try to add them so we'll do it without.

No comments: