The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Swim Lessons & Kindergarten Singers

So we are getting ready to gear up for the summer. To prepare Rachel has already started swimming lessons. We started out the lessons with Rachel crying and me practically forcing her to do anything. I took the mode of bribery to get her to do lessons without crying. It was the best ring pop I ever bought. After that we never had tears again. She freaked out in the beginning about having to swim with her face in the water. Less than two weeks later and she is jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side. She can swim face in the water across the pool, with only one stop in the center with help from her teacher to get a breath. You go girl! As summer officially hits we'll get more pics of kids in water I'm sure! Rachel also had her end of the school year performance at school. I got a little video of it, I'm however not yet smart enough to add it to this. If I figure it out I'll add it, otherwise here is a picture of Rachel and a couple of her friends.

3 comments:

Grandma Rozla said...

Rachel is so cute! I remember the days of swimming lessons. I don't think one of mine ever got the hang of it. Fun stuff!

dlkenney said...

my kids never have had swimming lessons, we just throw them in and say swim. If they didn't figure it out then mom or dad would be going swimming. Luckily daddy is a certified lifeguard. Out of 3 kids only 1 is afraid of the water, we haven't dared trying to throw him in yet.

Nicole said...

That Rach is such a little girl!! She is so much fun, I love the pictures and what a cute swimsuit!