We have had quite the spring break. I am so happy to say it's over and kids are going back to school on Monday!!! We did plenty to keep us busy, and actually accomplished much this week but one week is a lot of mom and kid time. I'm exhausted! Rachel went to a music class. She loves to go and learn a Broadway musical song and a dance/actions to go with it. Too much fun! It is a great class once a month for only 5.00 which is great for my budget.
Then on Thurs we had an Easter egg hunt. I believe it was a success, like everything in my life, it had it's mishaps, but hopefully everyone enjoyed it. We thought we had every possibility covered to make sure the little kids got eggs and didn't get trampled and the big kids still got to have fun, well, the little kids part was a success, unfortunately the big kids didn't end up with much as they would only pick up harder to find ones. Had I realized they would follow those instructions so well I wouldn't have had the delay start times so they could start hunting the hard ones while the little kids were still busy with the easy ones so they weren't already moving on with parents help to the harder eggs. Oh well, you live and learn. Luckily they didn't seem to mind the smaller quantity of eggs. My favorite out of all though was my friend Brooke's cute little guy. He found one egg on the playground equipment with jelly beans in it and sat down and just ate what he found. No need to keep looking he already found one with candy! He scored!
But today took the cake, with John having the day off work we went and did family pictures in the morning at the temple. After many hours hunting down matching cute Easter clothes for our family, I had pink dresses for all the girls and pink ties for the guys. The sweetest was since John knew it was a big deal for me, he got the boys suit coats so they all matched too. I love that he loves me enough to do things like that to surprise me because he knows it's a big deal to me even if it's not to him. Then we spent the day working on scouting and science fair stuff, finishing off the day shooting off the rocket John and the boys built and out to dinner to celebrate. We had 3 successful launches and many smiles. I think John enjoyed it as much if not more than the boys! Too much fun! They had just as much fun launching it and watching how high it would soar as they did chasing it down to catch it before it crash landed! Thanks for a great week--and thanks for a week over!
2 comments:
John-I need to find out how you made those rockets. What a fun day! We too had a fun day like that this week, and it mkes you realize those are the moments appreciate. And good call on the suit coats, John. You should talk to Chris more often...
Love the James pic, and thanks for hanging with my sick fam during the week. You were truly a lifesaver more than once. Thanks again.
Post a Comment