The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

This Holiday was one that was so much fun for me...Not sure I can say the same always for everyone else. I decided the other day to show up and surprise John for lunch instead of trying to go out on a date to packed restaurant and spend forever waiting to be seated to get poor service since they are so busy. Not to mention you have to be lucky enough to even find a babysitter and then pay for one once you do. So with that all in mind, I have taken a different approach to Valentines Day. I called John's boss the other day and she marked on John's calendar that he had an "important meeting" with her at 11:30 today. She wouldn't tell him what it was about. He stressed so much over that meeting that he almost made himself sick. So afraid it was bad news with work, since she wouldn't tell him what it was about. Last night when he told me how worried about this "meeting" he was I thought about telling him the truth that I was the meeting, but figured it wouldn't make much difference to wait and keep the surprise since I never surprise him. I brought flowers and walked into his office at 11:30 today just Ellie and I. He got upset that I would show up when I knew that he had this big meeting right then. Took him a minute of me telling him I was his meeting to figure it out. The relief was just huge. The first 20 minutes of lunch was just constant relief. I felt bad that I had been the cause of such anguish, but at the same time, I still enjoyed surprising him for lunch. It was a great lunch. Then we had heart shaped pizza, and fruit/cookie pizza that's heart shaped as a family. It was such a great with the people I love the most. What do I love about each of my favorites?
Ellie--such a light in my life, a smile that lights up the world, my sweet snuggler, my miracle baby
Rachel--my princess, my sunshine, my little friend, my sidekick, my girl who loves to do all those great girlie things just hanging out with me, the fashion queen of the world!Harrison--my brilliant little man, my boy who never ceases to amaze me with the way he can make his mind wrap around things, my serious boy who does things until he gets them just right, my boy who cries when bearing his testimony just like his mom!
Matthew--my kind, determined, athletic, boy who just loves life. So in the moment, he sometimes forgets what he started doing, but loves what he has found to do next
And Most importantly John, what can I say about how much I love him! He is an amazing man, who you can't help but love more by how much he loves me! He is our Rock. He helps me with the day in day out. Thanks for everything! I love you.
So to sum it up....I love my family!!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Cute pictures. You guy are such a cute family!! Cute idea doing lunch with John. My heart went out to him though with all his stress, way to pull off the surprise!

Rachel said...

Hey! Your blog is looking great! I could totally tell a difference in your pictures right when I started looking at your posts. That's so cool that you took some classes. I would love to do that. I'll have to check into your friends classes. See ya!