I never would have thought when we got married what a soccer family we would turn into. It seems every member of our family, eats breathes and lives soccer, especially the boys. Video games played are FIFA soccer, TV watched are Milan or Arsenal soccer matches, or any others they can find on TV. Soccer practices are 3 days a week or more most weeks, and it is played much more than that. Then you add in games on Saturday, many weekends consist of more than one game to fill the weekend. As exhausting as it can be at times it keeps our family going. And watching everyone at the games on the weekends makes job as taxi driver worth it.
5 comments:
Soccer family is right. Whew -- and I get worn out with one child in a sport! ;) I'll share a little soccer tidbit with you, and I know that your family will appreciate this....we were in Germany while the FIFA cup games were taking place. It was really neat, although shamefully we didn't make it to even one game. But still, we were there! :)
My boys will be SOOO jelous you were there, but come on--don't you breathe soccer like us, to be so close and not attend one game? I'm sure the games only cost a small fortune, why not attend??? :)
Small fortune is right....I think the cheapest tickets we looked at for a waaaayyyy early game were 60 euro or something like that (75$us). Yeah, we passed, but still bought shirts and soccer balls to commemorate! :)
It sounds like your family is the true meaning of "Soccer Mom & Soccer Family". I think that is great!
Kim I saw that you commented on my blog and I was just doing the same! Hey I am going private and I don't know if you want in. Just let me know. I will love to add you to my blog if you want me too! Let me know.
Post a Comment