I did this last month and loved the change it brought in me. So every day in November I will say 1 thing I'm thankful for.
1.Today I'm thankful for a super content 5 year old who will color and watch cartoons until noon so I could get the much needed sleep I've been lacking.
2. I am thankful for John's job. Not only does it allow us to make ends meet, but it allows me 2 new pair of jeans from Ross every once in a while. And today I'm super thankful for new cute jeans that fit and were cheap!
3: so many! I'm thankful for my husband who sacrificed to send me to TOFW for 2 days, for friends who went with me, ones I saw there, amazing memories only captured with true friends, pumpkin cheesecake, and all my friends on facebook who make me feel special with all these messages! also thankful for a friend who provided the transportation for a free birthday meal!
4: I'm thankful for the order of the church I belong to. Today it was incredible to watch in under two hours all that was able to take place. I'm grateful for the years I had in a ward with so many friends am now excited for the opportunity to get to know so many more people. My group of friends can only grow when boundaries realign.
5: today the two things I'm most thankful for are modern medicine that can provide medication strong enough to help with this massive migraine and patient friends who kept ellie longer at preschool cause I was late and picked her up from dance for me because I was late.
6. Today I am thankful for our freedoms and rights we should not take for granted. Tonight I am grateful for a super talented son who made the High School soccer team as a freshman. Go Matthew Nevels! You are a rock star!
7. Today I'm grateful for the technology that allows stores to do a refund without me finding the receipt in my mess of a purse. I happily returned four large sticks of wood trim we didn't need without any hassle. Thank you Home Depot!
8: Today I'm thankful for incredible friends! Thanks to those who saved my bacon today(Kayci Barnes Ayers,Jody Richardson Simmer), who are patient with my strong opinions on certain things, and who talk to me enough to help me see that just like I want others to see my way and do it that waythere are other ways that it can be done and will still work even if it isn't what I think is best.(Sheri Huber), And just thanks to those who put up with all the craziness I call my life and help make it work (Debbie MacArthur Niu, Valerie Gilmore Blake, and Lynessa Nichols to name a couple from today).
9: Today I'm really thankful that my kids didn't get Ellie changed into pajamas before she fell asleep last night while they babysat. That way when my morning was super crazy she didn't have to go to preschool in her pjs.
10. today I'm grateful that the rain wasn't a downpour since I spent the entire week rescheduling the rainout games for this weekend.
11: Today I'm thankful for the stories I can tell my kids about my time in the Army. I am also grateful that I can now be home with my kids and not be needed there. I'm grateful for those who are serving now and fight for the freedoms we take for granted.
12: I'm thankful for a teenager who will get up at 6 am on his day off school to get up and put flags in peoples yards!
13. So grateful to be at a point in my life that I can regularly attend temple and renew those blessings in my life. Thanks to a great friend who helps me go each week! Laurel Chipman, you are the bomb!!! I am thankful for all those who helped me successfully recharter tonight only 9 days after the boundary realignment.
14. Today I'm grateful to not have to do anything I don't want to do! I love a day to just relax and let the day be about rejuvinating me!
15. Today I'm grateful for wonderful overcast cool weather which allows me to take a day off life and hang at the park with friends for over 4 hours in the middle of the day.
16. Today I'm grateful for carpools. Today some of my kids would be missing out on things or I would have to say no to serving someone if there wasn't people to help pick up my slack and get my kids for me. Thanks Sariah Calkins Sharp, and Debbie MacArthur Niu, just to name those two from today.
17. Today I'm extra thankful for such a hard working husband. He works so hard at his job, then he works hard at his church calling and any free time he spends working on things around the house. And with all that he always finds time to spend with the kids and take me on dates. I'm the luckiest woman around! Tonight I'm thankful for my kids soccer coaches. We had the last games this weekend and though I'm really ready for the break part of me wants to cry that these amazing 4 men won't be coaching my kids in not just soccer but on being good humans. They are great role models for my kids!
18. Today I'm thankful for my blog. A place where I can keep a journal in a way that works for me where a traditional journal hasn't.
19. Today I'm thankful for make up that will cover the huge bruise on my forehead from where I banged my head into the back hatch on the car yesterday morning.
20. This morning I'm thankful for friends Krinn Norby, Desiree Basevi who come over to keep me in the kitchen. And even better for making the pie crusts for me so I didn't have to.
21. today I'm grateful for people who share recipes they've tried so I can look like I can really cook!
22. I'm thankful we successfully made the 2 hour drive last night in just under 4 hours due to all the accidents we avoided. today I'm thankful for a perfect thanksgiving meal with enough leftovers to eat for days.
23. Today I'm thankful that due to wants/needs/ and lack of funds I can avoid the "gimme"s of black friday shopping.
24. Today I'm grateful for a girl who will get rid of stuff without a crying fit when I help her clean her room. tonight I'm grateful that I survived the crowds and the tempe parade of lights Rachel was in before the migraine hit hard, now medicine and bed at 7:30 on a Saturday night.
25. Today I'm grateful for the amazing lessons taught to me and my kids at church today. So grateful for those who take time to prepare so I can be spiritually fed.
26. Today I'm grateful for a day to be in my pj's still. And really grateful the multiple friends who have seen me in such today have not judged me harshly for being in said clothing at this point of the day.
27. I was thankful that my heart handled the stress of watching my son as goalkeeper in the high school game against tempe.
28. Today I'm thankful for leftovers so I can avoid doing anything at all productive today.
29. Today I'm grateful to live in an area where I can walk to most anything I really need. We walked to a friends house then the park then we'll walk to music class. I love the weather that allows this also!
30. Today I'm grateful for a husband who takes a day off work and uses it to hang Christmas lights....now one day it will be our lights, but this year like many in the past our neighbors house looks great.
No comments:
Post a Comment