The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor dream coat

One of the fun things we did on a whim with my brother Lorenzo and his family was go to an outdoor theater to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat.  It was so much fun!  It was the same theater that I worked on Wizard of Oz over one summer.  It was the closing night so it was fun to be in that atmosphere.

One of the favorite parts was they had a live camel.  How fun is that.  All went well for our showing with the camel but my mom had been to see it opening night and the camel layed down and rolled over onto its back during the play.  My kids were really hoping for a repeat performance of that. 
It wasn't the best ever casting job if you ask me on the play, but it is hands down one of my all time favorite musicals so imperfect casting or not I loved it!  It makes me want to just sit and listen to the soundtrack again and again.  Too bad that drives John crazy or I would :)
Thanks Renz and Kim for a great impromptu night and then for taking my kids back to mom's house so I could drive out to Utah Valley to pick up Harrison from the Niu's who had just arrived in Utah with him.

No comments: