At the kids school they had a Literacy night with a Dr Suess theme. Ellie was so excited to go to his birthday party. She was quite concerned how he was going to blow out the candles being dead and all. When I said maybe they won't have a cake. She was devasted. How could they NOT have a cake. I mean it was his birthday. Surely he would want a cake even dead. She came up with a great plan. Mom you make the cake and I will blow the candles for him. I would love to have abliged. How do you not want to. But with Cub scout day camp the next day along with her brothers birthday the next day and her sisters the next week I couldn't bring myself to do a cake for a dead person. I know, lame mom.
At the school they had Karyoke which Harrison got up and did. He was the second perosn up there so he was a little nervous so a couple of the dj teachers sang with him. Rachel however signed up to be first. SERIOUSLY??? So when she begged me to go up and sing with her so she wasn't alone I was a good mom and made a fool of myself for my kids. Maybe I should have made the cake. I think it would have been easier. :)
The only really disappointing part was they had had a teacher dress up as the Cat in the hat. They had props and a back ground. We paid for the pictures. I wish I had used my camera at the same time even though I was paying for their pictures but I didn't want to seem rude. Now I wish I had had the courage to do it as they had a camera malfunction and no pictures of the night could be retrieved. We go our money back, but I was happy to put the money towards those pictures. The ONLY people happy about the camera incident was my boys who now don't have a picture of them as Sam I am with the Cat in the hat. But pictures or not, I was glad we went and had a fun mostly free night at the school with my kids!
1 comment:
that sounds so fun. you are a cool mom to be so wild and sing it out. i applaud you. too bad about the pics. that would have been some good memories but luckily, you still wrote it down.
Post a Comment