The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, April 30, 2012

Easter treats we did this year

Okay, so a couple of Easter treats that I've been saying for years I'm going to do and then never get around to it finally got done this year!  Way to go me! 

The first are birds nests.  They are simple and cute and Rachel saw them on my friends facebook page as she walked by.  Instead of doing like I normally do and say, "when I go to the store then we will...."  I said okay let's do them.  We hopped up made a trip to the store just to get the supplies for them and came home and made them together.  Rachel really enjoyed making them and I am glad that I took the time to drop everything I had planned and do what she wanted.  It was a great thing for us to do together. 




Another one we did was inspired by my boys.  They talked about the "resurrection" rolls I made a long time ago.  I honestly don't remember ever making them.  I know what they are as I remember my mom making them but I don't remember being that on the ball in a long time.  So again, I made sure I had the stuff and we made them for Easter Sunday.  They are simple and easy to make.  You take roll dough (homemade or rhodes work just fine).  When they are at the stage of setting them out for the final rising time, you wrap the dough around a large marshmallow.  Then you cook as you normally would a roll.  They look like a normal roll from the outisde, but when you bite into them they are empty inside like the tomb.  It's pretty cool.  They have a taste almost like honey inside them too.  The easiest sweet roll you will ever make. 

A few more that I am really going to do in the coming years with my kids.  Sugar eggs with the little picture inside.  I made those as a kid and loved it.  I also want to do blown eggs with my kids as they are getting older so they can do some really fancy decorating on the eggs and keep them around. 

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

this is awesome! i want to try!