The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, February 13, 2012

Harrison turns 12!

It is crazy to believe that he is 12!  That means I have two boys passing the sacrament each week.  It just seems crazy I tell you!  His birthday came and went without much fanfare.  He went out to dinner with John and I that evening and picked out a video game for himself.  During the day that day it was the pinewood derby, which I already expressed about so it left for not much time to throw together a party.  We enjoyed hanging out just him and mom and dad for a nice relaxing dinner at Red Robbin.  The next day he recieved the aaronic priesthood and was ordained a deacon.  He couldn't be happier!  We had dinner that night at our friend's the Niu's home and enjoyed cake and ice cream at their house.  The kids played games and we visited.  If you ask me, it was a perfect birthday weekend...minus the pinewood derby but that had nothing to do with his birthday.  It was just nice to spend some time with my kid who is getting older and older!  I love you Harrison.  I did ask him what he wanted for a cake.  This is exactly what he wanted.  John couldn't be more proud to have him want such a simple cake...for me well, I would have loved doing a big fancy cake for him..but I'm happy that I can make what he wants no matter how extravigent or simple!

1 comment:

Clarisa said...

happy birthday, harrison! love how simple your wants are, you are definitely the balancing child for someone like ellie!