The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ellie wants a pickle!

So my funny Ellie girl has done it again! We were at the soccer field. I was a good prepared mom who had lots of snacks and drinks and a packed lunch for her. I had stuff for her to do. We stopped at Harrison's game and the parents who had half time and end of game snacks all gave her some too. Then we had to take something over to a coach on another team and she batted her eyes and got them to give her a snack too. We then headed over for Matthew's game where again she managed to get herself a half time snack and end of game snack. She knows how to work it so people come up and offer her one, she typically doesn't even ask for them.

Well, she should have been sufficiently full by that point. I went to the snack shack to get me a soda. (I planned better for her than myself) We get up to the window and she says. "I want a pickle!" I told her no. She persisted. I told her no again. This went on and on. I told her no she did not need a pickle. I mean, come on she isn't going to eat it right. Those pickles are huge! When she realized I would NOT relent she turned her charms onto the old lions club guy working the stand. She offered him 3 pennies from the golf cart for a pickle. I told him he did not need to give her one. She acknowledged this and kindly told her no.

I had the presumption to congratulate myself for not just me not giving in but getting someone else not to give in. I hold firm on the no's much more than anyone else does. I did that too soon!

Before I know it she has launched herself up into the arms of the lady in line behind us. She went on and on about how much she has missed her and how long it's been. The lady with her two kids in tow cooed on about how cute and precious she was. Then Ellie pulled out the big guns. "Did you miss me so much too that you want to buy me a pickle?" The lady laughed and said, "Of course I'll buy you a pickle sweetie." To say the smirk on the lions club guys face was subtle would be a gross understatement, more accurately he was having a hard time not laughing at my predicament. How do I get out of this without making her feel bad. I told her she did not need to get Ellie a pickle. She replied, "How can I not, she is just adorable." I conceeded that I had lost the battle.

The only really big issue in all this is that I have NEVER seen that lady before in my life, and neither has Ellie! But she got her pickle and ate the entire thing...I think just to spite me!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is the most hilarious story ever! I see it this way: she knows what she wants and she does whatever she needs to do to get it. She's destined for great things. :)

Clarisa said...

hahahaha!