No one will question the love and special connection Harrison and Ellie have. He gets stuck doing so much for her since currently he is her favorite. And that was before he was the sweetest boy to her for Christmas.
We'll start this story back a bit. A few years ago John came back from a conference for work with a stuffed Wells Fargo horse. Ellie has slept with it and carried it around with her. It is her favoite. This year John went to the same conference and got her another one, Lightning. I don't know the actual name of the first one, she calls it thunder to go with lightning. Well then it was just a question of which one was with her at all times. They are never far from her side.
So I took Harrison out to do his Christmas shopping and we stopped at Wells Fargo where we bank so he could deposit his latest soccer checks so he had plenty of money to buy his presents for everyone. While at the ATM he saw the sign about coming in to see what you needed to do to get the newest horse, Snowflake. He made us go in and talk to them. We already do all our banking with them, have no need for another account so we couldn't get one. The guy was nice and went and dug out one of last years horses for him to give her (A lightning). At the store he bought her two or three gifts since he couldn't get her the horse he wanted to. He then went home and had a "chat" with John who works with Wells Fargo with a lot of stuff at work. The email below was sent to a contact John has at Wells Fargo.
Corey,
Special request for you. You mentioned I could just let you know if I was interested in the Wells Fargo plush horses. Well, I hope you'll indulge me in sharing with you why I'm now trying to call in a favor. :-)
My wife took my 11yr old son, Harrison to go Christmas shopping today for his brother and sisters. However, before they headed to the stores, they stopped at the bank so Harrison could deposit the check he was paid from working as a referee last weekend.
There was a sign on the ATM which advertised a new, white plush horse, named Snowflake. As I mentioned Thursday, Ellie has Lightning which I was able to win after four tries at AFP in Boston, and a darker Wells Fargo horse that she's named Thunder. Anyway, the offer was a free Snowflake horse, IF you open a new checking account.
Full disclosure, my wife and I have a checking account and two savings accounts, and both my boys each have a 1 checking account and 2 savings accounts each, and my 9yr old daughter has a savings account as well. Mind you, all of these are with Wells Fargo. So needless to say, we don't really need another checking account.
Harrison went inside to see if there was another way he could get a Snowflake horse to give Ellie for Christmas. The very nice man at the branch there apologetically told him that they only had a few and that they could only give them out for new checking accounts. He did say they might have another version that he'd be willing to give him and then dug in the storage closet and gave him another 'Lightning' horse, but it was a little different, it was a Fiesta Bowl version, which was kind of neat. As for Snowflake however, the guy was really nice and tried to do his best, but we couldn't get it.
Harrison knows I work with Wells Fargo at work because the couple Wells Fargo shirts I have, so he asked if there was someone at Wells Fargo. Hey, he's being resourceful. He really wants to get this for his sister! :-)
So, is there any way I could score a Snowflake from you? If you can sort one out for us, I'd love to see if I could sort out getting Harrison to come downtown to pick it up from you.
Anyway, I would really appreciate if we can work this out.
Thanks for looking into this for us. Have a great weekend!
John
Well as you can see Cory came through and had it courrired over to John's office so John could be the great dad to help Harrison be the great brother! Ellie is so thrilled! Words don't describe the love she has for these four horses! Thanks to all who helped make it happen!
1 comment:
Sooooo Sweet!!! I LOVE your thoughtful and giving your kids are in sharing with one another.
Post a Comment