Christmas morning came quick this year. All the rush of dr apts and surgeries brought christmas on in hurry. It seemed we blinked and December was gone and we were waiting for biopsy results. As you know I didn't get my present of benign biopsy until a few days later, but I'll be happy with the present even after Christmas.
The kids enjoyed all the great things they got. It was a pretty simple Christmas for us this year. Luckily I have kids who are easily pleased! Harrison was shocked to actually get the ipod nano that he asked for but didn't think there was any hope of him getting. Other than gifts from siblings he pretty much just got underwear and socks to go with it, but he was thrilled!
Ellie loved everything she opened. The kids spoiled her more than the two barbies from santa and some assorted pjs, bathrobes, panties and such from mom and dad.
Matthew was thrilled to get a little money towards EFY that he is saving for this year along with some much needed soccer cleats and ref gear since he's grown out of all of his. Add in some clothes and underwear and socks and he was done and content.
Rachel got a barbie car and barbie from santa which she loves. But you will see the hat she got below. Hands down that is her favorite gift. Add in a few misc things like panties, bathrobe and such and she was done and happy.
John and I kept it simple with each other too. John got a TV thing so we can watch BYU tv and a sonic toothbrush. I got a purse I love and he hates and some tennis shoes we both love for me since he hated my old ones. What more could a family want for Christmas. Ours is pretty content!
We enjoyed a day at church with some friends and relaxing and grilling steaks that were done to perfection for the rest of the day. The kids all went out of their way with gifts. The boys earning their own money bought nice gifts for everyone in the family. The gift they are most excited about was buying John a ticket to USA vs Venesuala game to go with Harrison's soccer coach. They will have a blast in January!
Rachel not only bought some gifts for everyone at the dollar store but added a bunch of stuff she bought with "Niebor Notes" she earned by being a good student from the other kids in the class. We got lots of cool things made out of duct tape along with a recipe book and a few other things.
Since everyone worked so hard to get Ellie such great stuff we made sure we bought some things for her to give the kids. The 40.00 in Dicks Sporting Goods Gift Certificates from the soccer club pretty much took care of her presents to her siblings, soccer balls, shin guards, water bottles etc.
And we can't forget to add how amazingly spoiled we were by our families. We swap names in both of our families so we got a cool Gelato maker and a bunch of other Italian stuff from John's sister Sarah Sorrentino and her family. My sister Sarah also had us this year and we got a great game called Munchkin which I have yet to figure out but the kids all had it down and taught the missionaries how to play New Years Eve and love it. I also got a beautiful nativity (Anyone who knows me knows what a sucker I am for that.
And I can't not mention the gift that has probably been used the most, a Kindle touch from my mom (Along with a new pair of shoes I LOVE and and can't wait to wear, but John hates. Oh well, he'll get over it)
So that was our wonderful Christmas! I love such a great day and am so lucky to have us all so blessed
1 comment:
Looks like tons of fun. You have such great kids. I'm SO happy about the biopsy results. Please keep me informed. Love you guys.
Post a Comment