The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, November 14, 2011

Not what I had planned for tonight

Some days things don't go as planned. Most of my day was spent running around getting to things I hadn't in a while. Then a stop at the park to reward Ellie for being so good with all the shopping today before she has to go sit at her sister's orchestra recital results in this.

A two year old with a rock can be very dangerous! Luckily by the time we got home and sat her down to figure out how bad the bleeding had already stopped...that's the only reason I stopped to take a picture. If it was still bleeding I wouldn't have. I'm not that mean of a mom. A little water and a rag and this is what she looked like less than 5 min after being beaned in the head with a rock.

My favorite part of the whole story is her telling me all about how it happened. "Mom, there was this little boy at the park. I didn't even know his name and he threw a bloody rock at my head. It made a mess of me that you have to clean up. His mom should be mad at him." Those darn bloody rocks will get you every time! I do have to say it was a pretty impressive arm for a two year old who was several feet away from her to hit her just right.

2 comments:

dlkenney said...

I love it that it is the rock that was all bloody and not that she had a gash in her head. What a cutie she is.

Clarisa said...

since you explained about why you took the pic, i have to tell you, my first thought was "what a brave and stable mother you are with blood all over her face!" but since you knew the blood was done flowing, i'm going to have to demote you to "that's gory! where's the warning?" i would have looked anyway. :)
so glad she's okay. poor girl!