You know, those things our kids say that make us laugh and embarass us at the same time. Those things that give us a little glimpse into how their brain works. Ellie has had some and I haven't been the best at writing them down. I was at the park today. A lady came up and asked my friend and I, "Are one of you Ellie's mom?" My thoughts immediately went to the thought of "uh, oh!" I reluctantly put up my hand ready to apologize. She said, I just wanted to warn you she asked me how the baby got in her really big tummy?" Yep. That's my girl!
Moments later we were talking about what my blog was. Harrison went home and got our "blog book" We got reading some of the funny things she has said over the years. But my friend reminded me of one she is saying now. My friend told her she is cute. She gets really upset when someone tells her she is cute. When we pressed her for why she doesn't want to be called cute she explained to us that her brothers and sisters call her cute so it must not be a nice thing to say about someone.
We also have these pictures of Ellie because she was all ready for church when she came to me and said.
"Don't you think I'm beautiful."
"Of course I think your beautiful!"
"Then you should want to take my picture so you can remember just how beautiful I was today."
So, yep, we went and took her picture!
Yep that's the way that little girl thinks!
1 comment:
it's nice your family understands who the queen bee really is. ;)
Post a Comment