The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dinner with the Colby side of the family


Reconnecting with family. I am not that great since we have moved out of Utah at visiting and seeing all the family and friends and such that we left behind. I would love to say I am, but reality is I'm not. We did better on this trip than I have in years. One of the things that was pulled together for us was a dinner at my Aunt LuAnn's house. I haven't seen or done anything with much of my dad's side of the family in years. I have no good excuse, I just haven't made a great effort since before Dad died.

It is one thing that facebook has brought back into my life is a relationship with some of my family that otherwise has been left to a Christmas card each year at most. So many of my dad's siblings were such a huge part of my life growing up, but now that their kids are grown I don't even know most of my cousins. But through facebook I have gotten to know some of them again. I know many don't believe it but in a lot of ways I'm shy. I get all nervous and feel anxiety about seeing people I haven't seen in a long time, let alone talking to someone new. But, I try to let go and do it anyway, and every time I do I'm always so glad at the renewed friendship and get so bugged with myself that I let my fears get in the way of so many relationships.

So I took the kids and my sister took her son and we went up. There was Uncle Rick and Aunt LuAnn and a couple of her kids who are still home, Uncle Doug and Aunt Annie and their son Stephen, and Uncle Curtis and his wife Dani and most of his kids.


I do want to tell a story about my nephew and son. The kids were playing hide and seek and my nephew got lost. He had wandered quite a ways away from the house. We had all looked every where for him. I felt bad for LuAnn as everyone was looking through everywhere in her house for some place he might have been able to hide in. People were walking all over looking everywhere. Harrison and I said a prayer that he would be found and he went walking one direction. He just kept walking and looking for Keegan, yelling out to him. Harrison heard something and yelled out and found him. Keegan told him that he prayed that he would be found. He was guided to go to a gate. It was at that gate that he was close enough to the street to be heard by Harrison. It was a great testimony builder for not just those to boys but for me too. Thanks Harrison for your strength and faith. You are amazing.

No comments: