
All three of the boys took a referee class over the summer and have spent this year reffing soccer games. They love it. Harrison works the most and loves the money he makes as an 11 year old. I mean what 11 year old can bring home over 100.00 in one weekend. It's been great for John to help him as he's trying to get in shape. Getting paid to run up and down a soccer field has been good. It also has been great for all of them to learn the game better, to have more understanding of ref's when they miss calls, learning that even the best ref's just can't see everything that happens on a field as much as they try. It has helped Harrison learn to watch the game and the way it progresses and helps him think more as he plays. Overall they love it and I love to see them do it. With as much time as we spend at the soccer field it's nice to get some of the money back that we pay into the sport.
1 comment:
How fun for them. I used to ref when I was a kid too, my dad would be the center ref and my brother and I worked the lines. It really did help give more understanding to the game as a player too. I hope they have lots of fun!
Post a Comment