The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Thursday, July 22, 2010

We're Done....forever!!!

Do NOT read this post if you are not a mom...or have not gone through the sorrows and joys of teaching a kid to go on the toilet as you won't understand half of what I'm saying and will think I'm a really gross mom who needs to learn to keep certain things to herself. There's your warning...read at your own risk.


Really there is not much else to say. I am more excited than most anything else I can think of. She is potty trained. Knowing we are done having kids and that I'm never having an indoor dog, this means I am done forever in potty training! Seriously the joy is unexplainable. There is nothing I hate more than that task. I swear it is more of a training of a mom to stop and make a kid pee every 15-20 min whether they need to or not than of training the kid to do anything. So after she was born I swore I would not potty train her until she walked into the bathroom and pulled off her diaper and started doing it all on her own. She showed plenty of signs of being ready for a while. I tried for a day back in Jan but remembered why I made this commitment and put the diapers back on. Seriously she it might be the only thing to convince me to home school a kid is if she hasn't just potty trained herself by kindergarten, which I really didn't care if she did or not. I know maybe at that point I would have felt differently but that has been my view. I really am not super bugged by changing a diaper of my kid so it's just more work.

So why in the world is she potty trained at 2 1/2 you ask? Well three days in a row she took off her diaper and walked into the bathroom and peed on the potty. Okay she wins! It took just under a week and she had it. Not to say accidents don't happen because they do when we all get sidetracked. And though she seem to have a knack for pooping during nap time when the diapers back on, it is successfully done in the potty too so I don't care.

As much as I didn't want to go through the process, with the help of 3 wonderful kids and a little girl being super ready and a summer with nothing else to do for a while I am happy to say she is now in big girl panties and is so happy about it! Way to go girl!

Finally to answer the question about this potty training picture...she is always cold, so when she'd sit on the little potty trying to get the hang of no accidents she'd have to have her "coat" on. Yes that's what she owns in the way of a coat...hey, we live in Arizona what do you expect?

No comments: