As adults many times in life the things we go to and do are just because of a desire to support someone we love and care about. I'm not always excited to go to pack meeting but my son loves to get awards so I go to support him. I'm not always looking forward to the work a neighborhood bbq requires but I want to support the friend who is throwing it. I don't always want to get dressed up on a week day, but I want to be there at the funeral to support my friend who lost someone close to them. I don't always want to get a sitter for Ellie but it means a lot to my child to see me make copies at her school so I do it. There are many more things like this in all our lives. I would say over 99% of the time I'm glad I went. The time I spent brought a smile to someone I loves face and that makes it worth it even if you will never convince me pack meetings are "fun". Some things like supporting someone through a difficult time like a funeral are not fun and not what anyone wants to do but doing it is something I'm glad to do if it eases the burden of those I care about and they don't have to go through it alone. And other things like the bbq I really enjoy myself and have a blast, it's just convincing me to leave the comfort and ease first end up being way worth. Whatever it is we are better off for having done it.

But, when your 8 year old daughter wants to get up and dressed in a dress hair nicely done to go to church on a Saturday morning at 9 am it just makes you proud of her. So what do I do? I support my daughter by puting on my church clothes and going over to the church to with my daughter as she supports her friend Avery in her decision to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! It was a wonderful day, church dress early morning on a Saturday and all. We enjoyed good food and good company for many hours afterwords at their home. Way to go Avery and way to go Rachel for learning that lesson so young! You a great girl to want to do that for your friend!

Here's a picture of a few of Avery's friends who were there to celebrate and support her!
1 comment:
you have yourself a fine girl there! it's perfect she is yours and doing what you taught her to do - to soppurt her friends. ps - congrats to avery!
Post a Comment