This is incredible, I mean this is bigger than the fact she is potty trained. I know there aren't many bigger moments in a little one's life but for Ellie this is. For the first time EVER since she was born......we gave her a bath and washed her hair and she didn't cry and scream and freak out causing all around us to think she had broken her arm or something crazy like that!
I know for many this isn't a big deal, but for Ellie this really is huge! I have NEVER met a baby/toddler who hated a bath as much as she has since birth. As a baby I had a friend come over and work with her in the water again and again and again to try to get her to be in the water without freaking out, just be in the water not even bathing. Finally in the last year she has gotten that part if her sister is in the tub with her, then if someone is bathing her not me. But even for all that as soon as anyone had to wash her it all was over and pandemonium breaks out. But this week Ellie not only let me bath her but we washed her hair and no once did she cry!
Here's praying this continues and isn't just a one time freak thing, after hoping the hatred of baths was a freak one time thing which turned out to last close to three years now.
No comments:
Post a Comment