
I sent my two boys off to science camp for 3 days. I worried about them, more about my bigger one handling that many days with about 70 6th graders.

Matthew loved it there. The first day they did some pretty fruity stuff that if you ask me or them wasn't very sciencey, yes I think that totally is a word. Anyway, they did a couple things like draw a picture of the sounds of nature and other such things. But by the second day it was awesome!!!

They did cool things like dissect owl pellets. Yep it is as gross as it sounds if you ask me. They found full skeletons of birds and mice and other such animals. It was one of those things that boys and 6th graders loved and mom was glad she was left at home. Basic review, an owl eats it's prey whole. Then it regurgitates all the fur/feathers/bones that it can't digest into a pellet it spits to the ground. This science center then collects those and wraps them in aluminum foil bakes them to get rid of all the germs and then brings these little baked potato looking things for the kids to pull apart. Pretty gross if you ask me. I have a pic of him dissecting it but for some reason it disappeared off this post and I'm done holding this post for when I can find them.

They also got to do a whole thing where they climbed a rock wall and zip lined down. Matthew had no fear whatsoever. He climbed right up and just jumped right off for the zip line. John also did this but he soared down the zip line hands free. What fun.

I'm glad they had this time together even if it was shared with 70 other sixth graders.
1 comment:
That is one disadvantage with my children that have attended charter schools. They have missed out on that opportunity with DAD! Notice I said DAD!!!
Post a Comment