The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Monday, April 19, 2010

Update on my head...

So I wanted to give a little update on what is going on with my head. I have now had this headache for 2 full months. I'm really done with it, just in case you wondered. The hardest thing about this, okay one of the really hard things about this, is there is literally no break from it. It doesn't hit and then a break for a day or two then come back. No literally no break in the pain for over two months. Really gets old and exhausting...both mentally and physically. So where are we at on a solution? That is the big question. Well, after a blessing and much prayer as we went to this most recent neurologist I have felt very good about her. I felt like she is looking for an answer. She is not going to take no for answer. She isn't looking to treat the symptoms and call it good but is really looking to find the reason behind it. I know there are lots of good doctors and many options out there for solutions to headaches, but I feel like she is the right answer for me. So what has she found out, what is she trying? Well, the steroids we injected into my head and took orally did not do anything that we could note. Well other than making me horribly sick to my stomach. Glad those are done.

This new medicine has made the headache better and worse. The line or "ice pick" of pain that runs through my head after two and a half weeks on this medicine had taken the number of pain from a 5 down to a 2. This is a great thing. It also moves the line all over around my head. It is stays as a very straight line that enters somewhere and exits in a straight line on the other side of my head but the entrance point or angle changes moving it all over. The good thing about that for me is it shows it is actually doing something. Nothing else could do anything with the line, so to know that it's moving gives me hope it would get rid of it. It started moving the line long before the pain levels of the line decreased. The downside of line moving is it sends radiating pain out through my head causing pain worse than I could ever imagine. The other night I felt like if someone touched my head it would just explode it was so tight with pain. She has given me something I can take when it gets that bad and something different that I can take for the everyday stuff. I am happy to have options that are not pain killers in the normal sense that they are not the types I would get addicted to.

For me the biggest side effects of all of this are the exhaustion on my brain. The things it just can't do or can't do well or in a timely manner becuase it's just so tired. I loose words all the time, I loose my temper over simple things, I don't hold my tongue as well as I should, and I can not make a decision to save my life. It's all just too much for my brain. So there is your warning and apology. I don't mean to hurt your feelings or say things I shouldn't, I don't mean to ignore or waffle constantly, I don't mean to ignore, but somethings are just too much for my brain. We're praying that a week from next Thurs we'll be feeling better and can start getting back to normal. Keep praying that's all I can ask...well that and more patience with me than likely I'm going to give you.

No comments: