The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Unofficial update
So we are still working with the neurologist and working to confirm these things. Also keep in mind this is my understanding of what she is saying. So if I'm understanding something wrong, well I have a massive pain in my head so I should be forgiven. They do have a name. It is not a migraine, it is an ice pick headache. That is the actual medical term for it. I wasn't too far off with my ice pick of pain huh? So from what I understood this is an A typical headache. It has to do with blood flow usually. So every artery was listened to by the neurologist and she found that my right carrodid (sp) artery does not have proper blood flow. It's making a whooshing noise. It shouldn't make any noise. This is better than a whistling noise which is scarier. But it could explain my pain. There are several options and things they are looking at. Blood clot, constricted artery, growth near the artery, or stroke past or coming. The good news is once they decide what it is it's a relatively easy fix. Blood thinners, minor surgery, steroid injections or just a little more time and this ice pick headache should be gone. So today for me is the hard part, sending a seriously clausterphobic woman into an MRI. But I just keep telling myself, it's all worth it for answers and for the pain to go away. If I tell myself that enough, well and with a sedative I'll survive this morning.
4 comments:
"it's worth it for those answers and thhe pain will go away...it's worth it for those answers and the pain will go away..." good luck!
Golly - I don't know whether to be sad or happy. Sad because of the blood clot or stroke thing or happy because they found out info. Keep us posted!
Yuck! No fun at all! You're in our prayers.
Good Luck Kimbo, Keep us posted
Post a Comment