
I have really enjoyed watching Matthew at his cross country meets this year. This was his first time doing a sport with the school. He really enjoyed it. He started out the year the fastest runner on his team.


The end of the season was tough on him with growing over two inches he was in pain all the time from growing pains and couldn't run the same as others, but he still put his all in it and it was great to watch his effort.


At the awards ceremony Matthew was awarded the MVP award for the boys! Way to go!

I also wanted to take a minute to tell you about another runner and team that was at all the events. The way these meets worked was the girls would all run the mile and a half first. Then when they'd finish the boys would run the same course. This very overweight boy ran for another school. He walked more than he run, but there was NEVER a meet that he didn't finish the race. He crossed the finish line long after the other kids, but he did it each and every time. It always made me cry to watch as the entire team at one point would leave after the rest of them had come in. They'd find where he was on the track and do the rest of the course with him to the finish line, every single meet. It just was one of those things that made me smile every week. I love watching kids do the right thing!
3 comments:
That story brought tears to my eyes too. I LOVE moments like that as well. Good for Matthew for being so involved. I love ready & seeing pictures of your kids & their activities. Miss you guys!
I remember watching things like that when I was in high school (watching - not running). Cross country just seems to be this team sport that is able to bring people together in a way that football never could. That is one reason I love track and CC, the most important thing is your PR, not the place you got.
we hope to get tee on the team next year in jh. he is still at elementary school but loves, loves to run...obviously got that from his dad, not me. cngratulations to matthew!
Post a Comment