There is no question that Ellie loves me! I have to say that does bring a huge smile to my face. Because there's no question about how much I love her! I can't believe she is so close to two. She is so smart and keeps us on our toes. Well, one day we went out and got some fun pictures in the miserable heat of the two of us and some of just me. I have been trying to get my picture more and more often. I think about how few pictures I have of my father and now that he's gone there is no adding more. I can't imagine if I had that with my mom who I love so much. So I'm trying to ensure that my kids never have to worry about that.
Now, let's all be honest. Do I love my picture being taken? Definitely NOT! Do I feel like I'm the weight I think I should be? Far from it! Do I really dislike how big I am right now? Totally! But should I wait until I think I look wonderful to capture my moments with my kids and myself for them? NO! If something was to happen to me, this is what they would remember me looking like so this is what they will have pictures of. Now I pray every day that I have plenty of time for my kids to have pictures of me looking all hot and skinny, but until that time, this is ME! Good, bad and ugly, and I'm okay with that!
Plus I love my baby and she is fun to play with even in the 115 heat we "played" in that day! Thanks to my sister in law who would let me hand the camera off to her and snap these pictures of me/us!
For those who made it through all those pictures and wants to read the end of this. One of those great moments that as a mom you want to run and hide. Now I've already posted about her great pronunciation on words like glasses and grandpa. Well she has a new one. She loves her "happy" and "dammit"! Whenever she needs to go to bed or be snuggled that's what she wants. What are those things you ask? A "paci" is a "happy" and a "blanket" is a "dammit". Now the only time she gets these things are in bed, or when mom and dad are desperate to keep her quiet in church or the car. So it's always great when they are passing the sacrament in church...you know those nice quiet moments and she starts yelling (no, she doesn't know what quiet means!) so she starts yelling DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMMIT, I want my happy DAMMIT! Yep, she went out real quick to the hall with both the paci and blanket in arms! Gotta love a girl who is bound and determined to keep me on my toes!
7 comments:
Hahaha! I love it! At least she's just mispronouncing words and not actually swearing. Some kids her age would be quoting their parents' choice language and those parents would think it was just cute and hillarious.
Though it's true I've seen you skinnier, I still think you look beautiful; and most importantly, you look really HAPPY! I hope your kids can always remember you happy. And thanks for the good example. I need to be snapping more shots of myself, too.
Kim that is just hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing.
I agree with you on the picture thing. We don't have many of myself, because I am usually the one taking pictures. I too hate mine taken especially since I too am not at my best weight. As long as we are happy and healthy for our kids that is all that matters right?
Okay where did the dammit come for blanket?
Cute pictures! I hate having mine taken too. All I have to say to you though is, you're gorgeous so shhhhh! ;-) At least you don't weight as much as I do. :( Gone are the days of being a size 3. Heck, I'd be happy to be a 14 again.
And I have to say, I so needed that laugh! I can just imagine, right in the middle of sacarment. I want my dammit! Too cute! that's a journal moment for sure! ;-)
I thought you looked hot! I know all of the photos of me lately are totally hot!That is one of the benefits of living in AZ, the healthy glow and hot body photos! I think you are great. I love Ellie's expressions too. Don't you know thats when you pop the happy in her mouth! ps. reminder: Print that part out and take a photo of the two items for her scrapbook.
that's great! It makes me feel better about when Daymon was 3 and he screamed during the prayer at a ward dinner "I want porn" (corn)
Those are great pictures, and I love your attitude!
Post a Comment