The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Saturday, August 1, 2009
A wonderful weekend, cheap date, and cheap fun!
So I have to say this weekend was so much fun...so long as you block out the fact that the brakes fell off the car. Don't ask, we just are hoping it's not too expensive to fix since they were just replaced a little over a month ago. So Friday night John and I went out as a treat from Wells Fargo who John's work is a client of. They gave us free tickets to sit in the suite to see cirque du soleil. It was so much fun. We first went out to a Sushi place for dinner. No, definitely not my pick, but I had a great steak...a little over cooked. Yeah, I found that ironic too, that at a sushi place they overcooked my steak. But it was still good and then in the suite they had tons more food and way tasty deserts. YUM! Yes, the way to my heart is through my stomach. I've never denied my love of food. I'd never seen the show before so it was really fun. The poles and the trapeze were definitely my favorites but I also enjoyed the mime guy. He did really good. It wasn't really a surprise to me that I would enjoy it, dance, gymnastics, music, cool tricks. What's not to like. But John really enjoyed it, and not just cause it was a free date with me. So that's saying a lot!
The next morning John and the kids got up early and went to the Elders Quorum activity. This was the best activity if you ask me, and yes, I know John is no longer a Elder, he's a High Priest but they let him come anyway. :) Anyway, they put huge sheets of plastic down on the hill at the park then put a hose at the top and and poured dish soap on the plastic. A home made slip and slide big enough for dad's and their kids! Too fun!
So who can complain when the Elders Quorum activity is an activity that they bring the kids to so the moms can stay home and sleep in on a Saturday morning. And it's cheap to boot! Who wouldn't think it's the best activity ever?
And finally a picture of Ellie who is not so thrilled about being left out of all the fun and not being big enough for the slip n' slide.
No comments:
Post a Comment