The Arizona Nevels Family
The Arizona Nevels Family
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
A new haircut...not what I planned
So with the economy not great and feeling a great pressure to get our financial house in order, we have been going through all the things we do and spend and seeing what is really necessary and what we can live without. Though there are still many things we can live without than we are choosing to right now we have done a lot of cutting back. One area we have cut back on is going back to the good old college days when all haircuts were done by me. I took a couple classes on the basics of cutting hair, but far from anything a professional would take. During college I did pretty good, I was just very slow. I was so afraid of messing it up. Well, I don't have time to be real slow now a days. So I helped John and we cut his hair last week. No problem. As you can see back in our valentine picture. Then I cut Harrison's hair again no problems. Sorry, I don't have a picture of him with it right now. I guess I was getting to big for my britches because when it came time to do Matthew's I jumped right in. He likes a 6 clipper on top and a 2 clipper on bottom. I started zipping down the center of his head and thought after the second pass. "Huh, that's strange it's taking so much hair, I didn't feel like it was that long" Then it hit me what I'd done and I just stopped for a minute to figure out what I could do now. Well, once you've done 3 passes right through the top center of the head with a 2 clipper there's not much else you can do but take it all off. So Matthew has much shorter hair than any of us planned. I did the basics and just left the rest. I didn't want to do too much after I'd already messed up so bad. So when John got home he and Matthew worked to touch up any hairs I accidentally left at a normal length. Yep, we sat and talked about all the money he's going to save us now. No hair cut for quite a while, not much shampoo needed when washes his hair, no gel or other things to fix the hair, since there's not enough hair to fix. So thanks Matthew for being so understanding about Mom's imperfections!
4 comments:
matthew is hot...just like his momma!
oh man! Cutting hair is stressful. glad you got through it ok. I cried the first time I cut Sam's hair. (somehow I nicked his ear and he yelled in pain, not great for a new bride to hear...)
I used to try to cut Kirk's hair to save money, but he always had to wear a hat for like a week after to cover up my crummy job. I think Matthew looks cute though!
We've all been there and or doing that/ saving money that is so ANYTIME you need help with hair just Call me! I'll always help! you are so crafty we could even trade, teach me something whatever but i'd be GLAD to help!!
Post a Comment