The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Friday, October 17, 2008

A day at the farm

I'd love to say it was one of those wonderful ideas that everyone loved. But alas, not very often are my plans the ones that work out that way. A friend talked about going to the pumpkin patch. I thought that sounded fun but with the kids off school I was looking at 30.00 to go to look at pumpkins and such and it just didn't seem worth the cost especially when the farm near us had free admission and free hay ride and free games and such. It seemed such a no brainer. Silly me! So we loaded up our car with all my kids and Krinn and Kierra and headed to the farm. My morning was crazier than I hoped and didn't get the lunch made to eat at the farm like I'd hoped but I could be the really cool mom on the last day of fall break and take my kids to McDonalds when we were done at the farm. We got there and it appears that everyone had the same brilliant idea as me. We still enjoyed walking around and seeing the few animals. Then we waiting in line to take the hay ride. When that was done we walked around the cow pens. We walked over and the kids got to pet a baby calf who was only a day old. They also watched a couple calfs who were a week or two old get fed a bottle. That was definately the highlight of the day. They got free milks and we headed out. McDonalds was crazy busy and ran out of the happy meal toys. Not at all what I planned for a great day, but we do what we can. To top it off, The kids still had Monday off school too and I hadn't realized it wasn't the last day of fall break! UGH! Oh well, it's done and it was free. That has to count for a lot! Now just to find the time to take the kids to a "free" pumpkin patch!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

oh well, if nothing else you got some cute photos anyway. Laurel

Nicole said...

Could those pictures be any cuter???