This week has been so tough for me. But not as tough as for Ellie. It's hard to know who is having a harder time about this. Ellie has RSV. So far we have not had to hospitalize her, and we keep praying that we are able to treat her from home. It is so hard to watch your baby suffering and know that there really isn't something you can do for her to get her better. They are working on treating the symptoms and mostly she seems to be responding to the breathing treatments pretty well. Early Sunday morning had me ready to run her to the hospital before John finally got her stabilized in her breathing. I thank the Lord repeatedly for having the husband I have who is a worthy priesthood holder to give my girl what she needs when doctors are not enough or quick enough.
Today also was a day I was so proud of Harrison. After much prayer and fasting he has decided to get baptised this month. He has practiced and fretted about wanting to bear his testimony but being so emotional every time he tries. We have practiced here at the house. He wrote down his testimony so he could make sure his nerves didn't make him forget what to say. He asked me to go up with him he was so nervous. He got up, said, I believe Jesus is the Christ and started sobbing. I'm not talking a little tears, the poor boy sobbed. I had to go up and explain how desperately he wanted to share his testimony with others, but how difficult it was for him through his tears so I read what he had written down for him while he cried up there. There were so many who later through the day came up to me and him telling us how touched they were by his heartfelt words. As difficult as it was for him I am so proud of him that he got up there and did it anyway, even though he was so scared. I love my little man! I love his faith!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry about Ellie! I hadn't heard. I'm glad your at least able to keep her home for now. Harrison did a great job on Sunday. He's such a sweet guy!
I'm sorry to hear that Ellie was sick. How is she doing now? My friend's little boy also has RSV, and has been watching him at home for the past three weeks, not taking him anywhere. He's doing a bit better now, but needs to be held all the time.
Congratulations, Harrison! That's awesome--we just had our first son baptized recently, and it's like giving birth all over again, but without all the pain :) Like they're just coming from heaven.
Post a Comment