The Arizona Nevels Family

The Arizona Nevels Family

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A humbled reminder of what's important

This week has been a week to remind me of what's really important. After the passing of Pres Hinkley on Sunday we took last night to celebrate Harrison's birthday as a family. He had so much fun being sung to at a restaurant. Then he got the highlight of his first day at scouts. At the end of scouts I went to pick him up and looked back to my house and there is a large black plume of smoke. I got him in the car and started driving home before the door was even shut. I got home and said a prayer of gratitude that it wasn't my home. But we watched in shock as a house across the street and down two houses burned down, causing pretty bad damage to the house next to it. It was sheer pandamonium being that close to such a tragedy. People all around, news reporters, neighbors out to see what can be done to help and the many others just there to watch. We watched their mini van burn up. I've never seen a car fire like that. It spread up and took over the house. It was a heart wrenching thing to watch. We sat down and said a prayer as a family so grateful that we were all okay. We were truly protected this evening. As horrible as it was/is for those two families had several close friends the Romneys and Bowlers whose homes were in the path of the fire and their homes and lives were spared. We are deeply touched by all we are given in this life and all we are blessed with. We also were touched by all the calls of concern to make sure we are okay. Even in the midst of tragedy the Lord shows us we are loved. Thank you.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How scary you guys!! I am glad you, romneys and bowlers are all OK. You are right, it takes something like that to give us a thankful reality check at times. I am glad you are safe & OK.